NCMA NORTH TEXAS
PROGRAM YEAR 2017-2018
This Strategic Plan (SP) addresses the chapter’s Vision, Mission, Goals and Values as of this program year. The SP is subject to updates and revisions as the chapter leadership deem necessary to keep the SP relevant and applicable.
I. Our Vision for the Chapter
Our vision is to be viewed by Dallas academic, private, and public organizations and companies as the local leader in contract and supply chain career development in the Dallas area. We will impact our community by providing, and being, an important resource for education, mentoring, certification, learning, and professional development. We will be an organization that provides value for its members and creates a “compelling reason” to want to participate in chapter life. And we will be a resource to members who are working to improve their knowledge of contract and supply chain management.
II. Our Mission for the Chapter
The mission of NCMA North Texas Chapter is to create “Accelerate Your Career” opportunities for Contracts and Supply Chain professionals in the Dallas area. This career growth mindset facilitates an environment that meets the needs of its members. We will provide resources, learning opportunities, networking events, leadership, mentoring, and other growth opportunities that aid in career development and advancement.
III. Our Chapter Goals for the Chapter
NCMA North Texas has developed near-term and mid-term goals to create value for our members.
Near-Term Goals (1-2 Years)
- Implement “NCMA Unplugged” at each dinner meeting where members can pose questions to the audience in attendance to solve real problems;
- Develop relationships with between NCMA NTX and 2 local colleges or universities;
- Increase monthly participation in chapter meetings & events by 50%from current levels (avg. 45 per meeting);
- Increase the percentage of college and young professionals who regularly attend by 25% from current levels;
- Conduct at least 8 meetings or events in each program year;
- Ensure dinner meetings have a consistent theme running thru all the presentations provided;
- Ensure networking events are appealing, competitively priced, at venues that are near members;
- Conduct at two (2) CFCM / CPCM certification study groups in geographically distributed locations in Dallas;
- Ensure that a full slate of officer candidates is in place by April of each year;
- Ensure full integration of all IT infrastructure and develop a robust OJT process to hand down knowledge on how to maintain systems from board-to-board;
- Receive at least $6,000 per program year in sponsorship donations from corporations to support chapter activities; and
- Partner with NCMA chapters, or allied organizations, in Dallas and adjoining states twice a year
Mid-Term Goals (3-5 Year
- Double monthly participation in chapter meetings & events to at least 60 persons per meeting or event;
- Increase the percentage of college and young professionals who regularly attend by 50% from current levels, to develop the next generation of contracts / subcontracts professionals;
- Develop deep partnerships with at least 5 local colleges or universities;
- Develop an Executive Advisory Board of executives in diverse businesses, government, and academia to provide advice and counsel to the Board of Directors;
- Conduct at least 8 meetings or events in each program year, and 1 major seminar (i.e., NES) per year;
- Continue and grow dinner meetings and networking events that are appealing, competitively priced, at venues that are near members;
- Conduct more than two (2) CFCM / CPCM certification study groups in geographically distributed locations in Dallas;
- Ensure that a full slate of officer candidates, and at least 5 committee chairs, is in place by April of each year;
- Deepen integration of all IT infrastructure, developing live streaming and video-on-demand content, and developing a robust OJT process to hand down IT knowledge on how to maintain systems from board-to-board; and
- Receive at least $20,000 per program-year in sponsorship donations from corporations to support chapter activities, subsidize event pricing, provide 5 CFCM/CPCM test fee sponsorships, and 1 $1,000 scholarship to a chapter member who is accepted into the CMLDP program.
NCMA North Texas will accomplish this Vision, Mission, and Goals, in helping members to “Accelerate Your Career” by:
- Being professional, enthusiastic, and fun;
- Being mindful of the resources we have will be used responsibly to further our goals;
- Being above reproach and following the NCMA Code of Ethics,
- Being open to new ideas and ways of doing things and challenging old assumptions,
- Being welcoming to all people who want to partner with us, regardless of professional background or experience;
- Being the go-to volunteer leadership-development opportunity for members in contracts and supply chain; and
- Being an organization that members and leadership can be proud of.